La Crosse County is still accepting certain unwanted pharmaceutical and over-the-counter medications at:
La Crosse County Hazardous Materials Facility
Effective August 1, 2010 only non-controlled pharmaceuticals will be accepted.
6502 State Road 16
(between Onalaska and West Salem)
Controlled medications can no longer be accepted.
ACCEPTED at HHM
NOT Accepted at HHM
- Medications purchased over-the-counter
- Vitamins and herbal substances
- Most prescription medications (except those listed as controlled)
Only medications in their original
containers will be accepted.
- Prescription pain killers like Vicodin, Hydrocodone and Oxycontin
- Stimulants including Ritalin
- Strong sedatives such as Valium
- Cough syrup with Codeine
- Steroids and Testosterone
- Muscle relaxants such as Clonazepam
- List of medications that can NO longer be accepted
- List of medications STILL accepted
Medications must be in their original containers. You can cover over or cross out personal information, however the name of the medication must be visible.
Controlled medication drop off (All types of medications including Controlled Substances)
-April 26, 2014. Details here.
- Next Special Collections: August 16, 2014
Collection of sharp has not changed due to the changes in the medication collection program.
| | |
Copyright 2006, La Crosse County Household Hazardous Waste Program. All rights reserved.