Importance & Nature of Register of DeedsOverviewVital RecordsReal Estate Info
Real Estate Parcel SearchUCC Information WRDA Index of printable Forms
La Crosse County Title Companies Other Links Get Acrobat Reader

 County Website | County Services | Minutes/Agendas | Code of Ordinance | County Directory | Departments


Birth, Death, Marriage, Domestic Partnership Information and Applications

We issue certified copies of birth, marriage, death, domestic partnership, and military discharge certificates for those records found in La Crosse County only. If the event occurred outside of La Crosse County, it is likely your certificate will not be found here.  If you conclude the record you are looking for is not here, try these links:

Wisconsin Counties         States

YOU MUST HAVE A DIRECT AND TANGIBLE INTEREST IN THE CERTIFICATE YOU ARE REQUESTING. Generally, this means the immediate family only, i.e., spouse, parent, child, brother, sister or grandparent.

If you are able to come into the office, hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. You will receive over-the-counter, same day service. Please bring cash if traveling from outside of La Crosse County and some form of identification. Acceptable Forms of ID.  Birth, Death, Marriage & Domestic Partnership records are $20.00 for the first copy, and each additional copy purchased at that same time of the same record is $3.00.  There is no limit to quantities.

If requesting your certificate by mail, please use the correct application provided herewith. Fill in the applicant information (including signature), relationship, number of copies, and the area for whichever vital record you are requesting. One form will be needed for each individual record you are requesting. The address is:

La Crosse County Register of Deeds Office
Administrative Center, Room 1220
400 North 4th St.
La Crosse, WI 54601

We require a money order or a cashier's check for all mail requests if you live outside of La Crosse County. Make these payable to Register of Deeds. DO NOT send a personal check. It will be returned to you for replacement. Please include a self-addressed, stamped envelope ** & you must include a photo copy of a valid ID such as a driverís license, state ID card OR 2 from the list given on the back of the application. All requests that meet the required criteria will be processed and mailed the same day the request is received. **If you would like your certificate(s) mailed back by certified mail, please add an additional $5.50 to your money order or cashiers check.




Updated:   03/17/2016                                  

[../../Template for Departments/includes/includebtm.htm]