We are a great facility with employees who care about the people who live here—and—who care about their team members.
Interested in Volunteering?
Do you have time on your hands? Are you bored and feeling restless? Would you like to do something rewarding? Have you ever thought about volunteering? Lakeview Health Center is always looking for volunteers.
You can volunteer as much as you want, or as little as you want. There are no specific requirements or previous volunteer experience necessary.
We only ask that you have a desire to help others, are at least 12 years old, fill out the required paperwork, are in good health and can pass a background check.
Volunteer opportunities can range from helping with Recreation Therapy Programs to assisting with outings in the community. Here are some suggestions:
Interested in volunteering at Lakeview?
- Assist with programs such as Leisure Pursuits, Bingo, Guy's Stuff, etc.
- One to one visits
- Play cards and/or games with residents
- Assist in transporting residents to church and other activities
- Play musical instruments or sing
- Help with community outings (shopping, dining out, rummage sales, etc.)
- Help with Evening Lounge Program for Low Functioning Residents
- Give residents a manicure, makeover or new hairdos
- Lead a devotional prayer group or bible study
- Create scrapbooks for individual residents
- Take wheelchair bound residents for outdoor walks
- Read to residents
- Serve ice cream every other Thursday afternoon at the Ice Cream Social
- Play pool with a resident
- Help a resident learn computer skills
- Help with holiday parties
- Hang colorful pictures and help with other room decorating
- Write letters for a resident
- Teach or share a hobby or craft
- Form a garden club for residents; donate or maintain plants for resident's rooms
- Sew walker/wheelchair bags or other items for residents
- Reminisce with residents…and learn a great deal from them!
- Bring us YOUR ideas for things YOU could do with or for our residents
Please complete the below 7 documents and return to Kay Stewart, Volunteer Outreach Specialist. (You may also email them.)
Kay Stewart, Volunteer Outreach Specialist
Lakeview Health Center
902 Garland Street East
West Salem, WI 54669
If you would like more information, or have questions regarding volunteering, please feel free to contact: