We are a great facility with employees who care about the people who live here—and—who care about their team members.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Lakeview Health Center.
Want to do something very rewarding and deeply appreciated? We are always looking for volunteers.
You can volunteer as much or as little as you wish. No previous experience is needed.
We only ask that you have a desire to help others, are at least 12 years old, complete the required paperwork, are in good health, and can pass a background check.
Volunteer opportunities can range from helping with Recreation Therapy Programs to assisting with outings in the community. Here are some suggestions:
If you would like to volunteer at Lakeview
- Assist with programs such as Leisure Pursuits, Bingo, Guy's Stuff, etc.
- One to one visits
- Play cards and/or games with residents
- Help with escorting people to activities
- Play musical instruments or sing
- Help with community outings (shopping, dining out, rummage sales, etc.)
- Help with Evening Lounge Program
- Give residents a manicure, makeover or new hairdos
- Lead a devotional prayer group or bible study
- Create scrapbooks for individuals
- Take people on walks
- Read to residents
- Serve ice cream every other Thursday afternoon at the Ice Cream Social
- Play pool with a resident
- Help a resident learn computer skills
- Help with holiday parties
- Hang colorful pictures and help with other room decorating
- Write letters for a resident
- Teach or share a hobby or craft
- Form a garden club for residents; donate or maintain plants for resident's rooms
- Sew walker/wheelchair bags or other items for residents
- Reminisce with residents…and learn a great deal from them!
- Bring us YOUR ideas for things YOU could do with or for our residents
Please complete the below 8 documents and return to Luann Rose, Volunteer Outreach Specialist. (You may also email them to email@example.com
Luann Rose, Volunteer Outreach Specialist
Lakeview Health Center
902 Garland Street East
West Salem, WI 54669
If you would like more information, or have questions regarding volunteering, please feel free to contact:
Student Internship Opportunities
Lakeview welcomes inquiries about Student Internship Opportunities at our facilities.
We have had student interns from local universities and colleges.
Internship opportunities are available in several departments.
- These departments include Administration, Health Information, Recreation Therapy, and Social Work.
Please feel free to call 608-786-1400 for more information. (Or, you may use the ‘contact us’ email link on our homepage.)