|Home | Overview | FAQ's | Job Openings | Mission Statement | Contact Us|
|County Website | Services | Minutes/Agendas | Code of Ordinance | County Directory | Departments|
· BEST METHOD is to check the internet listing at the County’s website. All our open positions can be found here. Clicking on ‘Job Listings’ will show a list of all current vacancies, and will give instructions on how to apply for each position. We recommend checking this once each week.
· Stop at State Job Center-La Crosse and use their computerized JobNet listing. La Crosse Job Center is on the corner of 8th and Pine Streets. Their hours are 8:00AM-4:30PM weekdays, and their phone number for inquiries is 608-789-5627. All County vacancies are listed with them. We recommend checking this source once each week. (If you live out of town or in another state, you can tie into this information at your local Job Service.)
· Stop at the County Personnel Office at the Administrative Center, Room 2190, 400 Fourth St N, in La Crosse. All County vacancies are listed in our display case. We recommend checking the display case once each week.
· Call Job Center JobLine at (608) 791-0695. This is the least preferred method because you must call every weekday to get new listings. They do not repeat older, current listings. However, the advantage is that one can call at any hour of the day or night.
· Watch the Sunday edition of the La Crosse Tribune for our advertisements. Please remember that we do not advertise everything in the paper; positions such as janitor, clerical and highway department laborers are not always advertised.
· Applications are accepted only when the job vacancy is listed in one of the above places.
· When the job vacancy is listed, follow the instructions given on our website, call for a mailed packet, or apply at Job Center.
· You will need to re-apply for each vacancy; we do not keep an active file.
· No Residency Requirement - In January, 2007, the County requirement that their employees live in the State of Wisconsin was eliminated for most employees. The exceptions to this are for the County Administrator, Deputy County Administrators, Deputy Sheriffs and other sworn officers.
CONTACT LA CROSSE COUNTY
1/04; 11/05; 1/07; 3/07; 10/11